Veterans Services

We are now located on the 1st floor of the Health and Human Services building.

Thank You for Your Service

The Nicollet County Veterans Service Office is a local point of contact for veterans in our county to assist with all veteran issues. We work closely with The Minnesota Department of Veteran Affairs, The United States Department of Veterans Affairs, and various Veteran Service Organizations in assisting veterans and their family members with benefits they may be eligible for due to their military service. The Nicollet County Veteran Service Officer will help you write and submit your benefits claims to the VA. Our services are free. It is unnecessary to pay an agency to file a VA claim for you. We will help you gather the information that supports your claim. Once the claim is filed we will help you track the claim through the system. We can also help you file appeals for denied claims. It is important that you use a Veteran Service Officer. They will help you avoid the delays that missing paperwork or improperly filled out claims can cause.


To be eligible for most VA benefits, the claimant must be a veteran. By statute, a "veteran" is defined as a "person who served in the active military, naval, or air service, and who was discharged or released under conditions other than dishonorable. Some members of the National Guard and reserve components have difficulty meeting the active duty and length of service requirements. However, a member of the National Guard or reserve components who is activated for federal military service and serves the full period of activation is considered a veteran for purposes of VA benefits.

Please contact the Nicollet County Veteran Services Office if you have any questions.

Van Service

If you need a ride to the Minneapolis VA Hospital, call to make a reservation to ride the Nicollet County veterans van 507-934-7875. This is a message line only, calls will not be returned. If you need to speak with someone in the Veterans Office please call 507-934-7871.